2. Data Collection
RIA collects personal data, such as names, addresses, emails and telephone numbers. For the purposes indicated below, personal data may be stored either in unidentifiable form or in an aggregated form.
In addition, in order to be able to effectively carry out various commercial transactions, RIA may collect personal data, whether from individuals, customers or potential customers through questionnaires, requests for information, or when hiring, purchase, subscribe or register certain products and services. Including free demos, special offers or participation in contests or hobbies. The data collected is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the scope, purposes and specific, explicit and legitimate services of RIA.
RIA processes personal data to:
- send a newsletter through your subscription for the same purpose, so that you continue to receive news about our activities, offers, surveys and other matters related to the RIA. You can cancel your subscription to our mailing list at any time, using the “Remove Subscription” button at the bottom of the newsletter.
- improve our website https://ria.org.ro. We collect personal data when using our website to develop navigation and content that facilitates the interests and needs of our visitors.
- understand audiences and customers and their interests. In some cases, RIA may develop statistical reports to describe its audience to potential sponsors and advertisers. These reports do not contain personally identifiable data.
3. Type of Data Collected
RIA collects personal data that may include the following points:
- Firstly, personal data such as name and email, when you sign up for our newsletter.
- Secondly, personal data sent regarding hobbies and research. This can include e-mail and possible answers to questions. This information can be used to analyse and direct future association activities.
- Thirdly, images and videos that may appear during your participation in the activities of RIA.
- We register cookies and information, such as your IP address, operating system, type of navigation browser, geographic location when you access our website https://ria.org.ro. Your data is used to improve your user experience on our site through Google Analytics. Statistical data is used exclusively for reporting information, such as detecting the frequency of visits to pages on the site.
- Finally, personal data provided to us when you apply for a job, internship or volunteer scheme at RIA or when you contact us by phone or email.
4. How will the data be used?
The information provided may be used by the RIA, as well as by its business partners and customers (for which the user has given consent), to send information about their products and services, adapting communications to their needs and interests. In addition to these purposes, your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- RIA only collects and processes data that we have been allowed to use in accordance with our Data Policy, signing up through our newsletter, submitting a project or interacting with us in the various forms of the sector.
- RIA can use your personal data to search for legitimate interests, optimizing its activities and offers, improving the website and responding to calls and emails sent by users.
- RIA may also collect personal data, such as photos and videos taken at exhibitions, events and other activities in the sector.
- RIA uses information from the website https://ria.org.ro to improve the user’s experience and analyze their preferences.
5. Who receives your data?
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, RIA may, in certain cases, exchange your personal data with the following parties:
- Web companies approved by the RIA to manage the association’s data.
- Public institutions, if required by law.
- If your personal data is transferred to third parties in countries outside the EU/EEA, RIA will ensure that the transfer meets all legal requirements.
6. How do we protect your data?
RIA stores your personal data securely and confidentially in password-protected databases, to which only a limited number of relevant association employees have access. The employees of RIA respect the use of your personal data and those responsible for accessing our databases are obliged to process them in accordance with our Data Policy.
On the website of RIA, cookies are used to improve the start of your session. A cookie is a small file that is installed on your computer when you visit a website. If you visit this website again, the cookie acknowledges that you have already been to that website.
There are 2 types of cookies: temporary and permanent. Temporary cookies are deleted when you close your web browser. Permanent cookies are units of information that are stored on your computer until they are deleted after a certain period. Permanent cookies are renewed whenever you visit a website again. RIA uses temporary and permanent cookies on its website.
Please, some links on the website https://ria.org.ro refer to some sites that are not included in our Data Policy, referring to specific situations of sharing links and / or additional information.
9. Rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition
The user may exercise his rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition with respect to his personal data. Making use of the following rights:
RIA employs a series of security measures to protect your personal data and guarantee your rights as a user. In relation to our processing of your personal data, you can make use of your rights to:
- discern your personal data in our records.
- correct your personal data in our records.
- delete your personal data in our records.
- limit the processing of your personal data.
- refuse the processing of your personal data.
If you have agreed to the processing of your personal data, for example, by subscribing to our newsletter, you can cancel your subscription at any time, at which time the processing of your data will be completed.
However, this does not include the data that we are required to maintain for administrative, legal or security-related matters. The exercise of rights must be carried out through any means that the user considers relevant:
- Through the service cancellation links present in all communications sent via email;
- By email: email@example.com, with the subject to remove;
- By mail/post: Str. Incinta Port, Cladire Camin Muncitoresc, Poarta 2, camerele 205-206, Constanta, Jud Constanta, Cod 900900, Romania
- Telephone contact: +40721287877
10. Compliance with the law
RIA, complies with the GDPR Data Protection Law Nr. 363 available at Autoritatea Naţională de Supraveghere a Prelucrării Datelor cu Caracter Personal since 28 of December 2018, applied in Bucharest.
11. Security and storage of your data
RIA invests heavily to maintain the security of its website and systems and to prevent access to your personal data by anyone who is not authorized to do so.
However, the Internet is not a 100% secure means of communication and therefore RIA cannot guarantee the security of any information you send us via the Web. RIA is also not responsible for any loss or damage caused to the user or to other parties as a consequence of the loss of the confidentiality of said information.
12. Other websites and limits of liability of BCLIT
It is also important to note that RIA website may occasionally provide links to other websites created and managed by other organizations. Since these sites are not owned by us, we cannot guarantee their quality, suitability or functioning, and our relationship with said sites does not imply an endorsement of either the products and services sold or advertised, or any information present on the sites in question. We strongly recommend that you pay close attention and also take into account that under no circumstances will RIA be responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused, or supposedly caused, to the user or family in relation to the use of the contents, goods or services available on any of these websites.
13. Transfer of assets
In the normal course of RIA’s activity, changes may occur in terms of the shareholdings and control of RIA invests heavily to maintain the security of its website and systems and to prevent access to your personal data by anyone who is not authorized to do so., in its subsidiaries, affiliates or affiliates or possibly in the group’s business areas.
In any of these situations, personal data may be considered transmissible assets, provided that the requirements and authorizations legally necessary for the transmission are respected. The same will happen if RIA or any part or sector of activity or the companies that form the group, or its associated companies, subsidiaries or subsidiaries are purchased, situations in which personal data will be part of the assets to be transferred since that the requirements and authorizations legally necessary for its transmission are respected.
14. Anti-SPAM Policy
RIA is seriously concerned with spamming. To prove our dedication to a spam-free internet environment, we have installed a policy and procedures that ensure the integrity of our systems and our messages. Therefore, if any subscriber of ours or a participant in a hobby gets involved in an act of spamming, we will terminate your account or participation immediately, without prior notice, due to our anti-spam policy.
RIA has always done and will continue to do whatever is necessary within our policies and procedures to maintain the status of a spam-free organization within the internet community.
15. What is spamming?
Spamming consists of not only sending an email to someone unknown, but it can also be done by posting messages in newsgroups, forums, classifieds or chats. The cases in which the invitation to the service / hobby is inserted in the signature of comments and / or announcements are excluded.
16. Anti-Spam Policy
Despite a substantial part of the activity of RIA, is the organization of hobbies and consequently encourages its participants to divulge them among friends and acquaintances, IT IS TOTAL AND UNEQUIVOCALLY AGAINST ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT FORM OF USE OF SPAMMING. Therefore, we recommend that our members and participants only send emails to people they know and NEVER to people they don’t know. For this reason, the member who performs spam will be immediately disqualified from our hobbies and may have to answer in court, if his actions so justify. What to do if you think you are facing a case of spam, which directly or indirectly involves our site?
If you feel that a participant or member of our site has sent you spam or has questions about our spam policy, please contact us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating all the information. Then we will immediately take the appropriate measures, one of which is the immediate expulsion of the member from our service, as a minimum measure.
You accept our Data Policy when you visit https://ria.org.ro and when you use our services (newsletters, hobbies, services, etc.)
Last updated: April 3, 2023.